|Application Notes & Quality Assurance|
|Quality Assurance Object|
|Limited to the products made in Capxon.|
|Quality Assurance Period|
|The foil is guranted for the first six months after our shipment. After six months, the foil should be tested before using.|
|Quality Assurance Relative Conditions|
|1. Foils must be free of contaminating gases, chloride and sunlight, maintain normal temperature and low humidity in storage area.|
|2. Some small pinpricks and spots, light chromatisms and wrinkles, and hydroxide power in foil if have no influence on foil usage, we think it as qualified product.|
|3. Foils must be free of water, foil, etc. Never handle it with your bare hands. Store it in sealed containers until next processing.|
|Upon receiving our foil, you must perform your own Incoming Quality Control. Rejections are limited to the unqualified foils without being processed and within our duty. Some foil as processed for non-capacitor or capacitor but led to the second harm, we will not compensate. Certainly if foil is processed out of its effective width, we also will not compensate.|
If you have any problems with our foil, please send claim report to our quality assurance department. We will investigate and reply you instantly.Please send us the following complaining information and materials properly and promptly:Foil defect value, lot number, shipping quantity, defect foil location condition, size and quantity etc. The defect sample should be returned to us for analysis.
|Quality Assurance System Flow Chart|
|Customer's Claims Processed Flow Chart|
When you use aluminum electrolytic capacitors,remember the following.
- Regular electrolytic Capacitor has polarity.
- Reverse voltage causes short circuit breakage of the capacitor or leakage of electrolyte. Where the polarity in a circuit sometimes reversed or unknown, a bi-polar capacitor should be used.
- Do not apply overvoltage continuously.
- When overvoltage is applied to the capacitor, leakage current increase drastically. 。Applied working voltage to capacitors should not exceed the rated working voltage of capacitor.
|Operating temperature and life |
- Do not use the capacitor over the max operating temperature.
- Life time of the capacitor depends on the temperature.
- Generally, life time is doubled by decreasing each temperature 10℃.
- Use temperature as low as possible.
- It is recommended at least 3mm of space around the vent.
- If such space is not provided, the vent will not operate completely.
- Do not apply a ripple current exceeding the rated maximum ripple current.
- Applying too much ripple current to the capacitor causes great heat generation, invites deterioration of properties of cases breakage.
- Please consult factory if ripple current exceeds the specified limit.
|Charge and discharging|
- Frequent and quick charge/discharge generates heat inside the capacitor, causing increase of leakage current, decrease of capacitance, or breakage occasionally.
- Consult us for assistance in this application.
- When the capacitor is stored for a long time without applying voltage, leakage current tends to increase.
- This returns to normal by applying the rated voltage to the capacitor before use.
- It is recommended to apply D.C. working voltage to the capacitor for 30 minutes through 1KΩ of protective series resistor, if it is stored for more than 6 months.
- The capacitors should be stored at a normal temperature and humidity.
- Improper soldering may shrink or break the insulating sleeve and/or damage the internal element as terminals and lead wires conduct heat into the capacitor.
- Avoid too high a soldering temperature and/or too long a soldering time.
|Mechanical stress on the lead wire and the terminal|
- Do not apply excessive force to the lead wire and the terminal.
- Do not move the capacitor after soldering to the PC board, not carry the PC hoard by picking up the capacitor. For their strength, refer to JIS C-5101-1:2010 and C-5101-4:2010.
|Cleaning of boards after soldering|
- If the capacitor is cleaned in halogenated solvent for organic removing solder flux solvent, the solvent may penetrate into the inside of capacitor, and may generate corrosion.
- The standard sleeve matenal is polyethylene terephthalate.
- If exposed to xylene, toluene, etc, and then subjected to high heat, the sleeve may crack. This sleeve is not insulating material.
|CapXon's Products meet quality standards specified by JIS-C-5101-1 and the reliability requirements refer to JIS-C-5101-4(non-SMD liquid capacitor), -18(Liquid SMD capacitor), -25(solid SMD capacitor), -26(solid Radial capacitor).|
|None of ozone depleting chemicals (ODC) under the Montreal Protocol is used in manufacturing process of CapXon.|